NEET applications open today at 4 PM
National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced on its official website that application forms for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) will be available from 2nd of December, 2019 that is today, from 4 o'clock in the evening. The link for applying will be made available on this website as soon as it is available on the official website. The NEEt exam will be conducted on 3rd of May, 2020 from 2 PM to 5 PM.
Highlights of NEET 2020
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of examination||Offline (Pen and Paper based)|
|Date of Exam||3rd May, 2020|
|Date of Result||By 4th June 2020|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Subjects Included||Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Question Pattern||Physics- 45 questions, Chemistry- 45 questions, Biology- 90 questions|
|Total number of questions||180|
|Mark Distribution||Physics- 180, Chemistry- 180, Biology- 360|
|Marking Scheme||(+4) for correct answers, (-1) for wrong answer, (0) for unanswered questions|
|Medium of question paper available||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu|
Steps to apply for NEET 2020
1. Use your valid email ID and phone number to apply for online registration
2. Fill the online application form and note down the system generated application number for future reference.
3. Upload scanned images of the following:
i- passport size photograph ( size: 10 KB to 200 KB )
ii- post card size photograph - 4"X6" ( size: 50 KB to 300 KB )
iii- signature ( size: 4 KB to 30 KB )
iv- left hand thumb impression ( size- 10 KB to 50 KB )
v- class 10th passing certificate ( size- 100 KB to 400 KB )
All the files need to be in JPG/JPEG format. The photos should be clear, in front of a white background, and the focus should be on the face. Ears should be clearly visible.
4. Pay fee using SBI/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI/Paytm Payment Gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net-banking/UPI and keep proof of fee paid safely for future reference.
5. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled, and amount will be refunded to the candidate’s account. However, the candidate has to make another transaction of fee, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
Eligibility for NEET 2020
Eligibility for appearing in NEET (UG) is as per related Regulations is as follows: -
1. He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of his/her admission to the first year Undergraduate Medical Courses .
2. The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL category and PwD Candidates.
3. Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizens of India intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses from a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify NEET (UG).
Click here for the official NEET information brochure