Pattern of Exam for KMAT Kerala 2020
- Exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- Question paper will have Multiple Choice Questions only.
- There will be 4 sections in the question namely: A) English Language Usage and Reading, B) Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning, C) Quantitative Aptitude, D) General Knowledge and Contemporary Business Scenario
- There will be a total of 180 questions in the exam paper.
- Duration of KMAT Kerala exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks and 1 negative mark will be there for each wrong answer.
KMAT Kerala Exam Pattern: Detailed
Mode of Exam
Pen-paper Based test, each candidate will be provided a sealed OMR sheet and a question paper. Make sure to not open the seal until the instructions are given by the invigilator.
Duration of Exam
2 hours 30 minutes, wherein there is no restriction regarding solving a particular section within a stipulated time limit.
Medium of Exam
English, each question in the exam will be asked in english only and a candidate must provide the answer in the same language.
No. of Sections
Four sections namely English Language and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, Data Sufficiency & Logical Reasoning and General Knowledge & Contemporary Business Scenario
Section 1: This section will test the student’s knowledge and proficiency in the English language. Also, unseen passages that must be answered based on the information or facts given in the passage are also asked. The questions are usually direct and the difficulty level is easy to moderate.
Section 2: This section will test the basic mathematical ability of individuals. It is considered to be relatively a scoring section though the level of difficulty for this section is moderate to high. This sub-division will examine a student on how quick as well as accurate he/she is when it comes to thinking. The questions might, either be in sets or individual ones.
Section 3: In this section, the ability of applicants to understand graph, charts, tables and patterns from the data given as also their visualization power is analyzed. The question will be more of Matriculation standards in this sub-division. Work efficiency of students with numbers, numerical calculations, various arithmetic problems involving ratio & proportion, percentage, interest, time and speed etc. will be tested. Apart from this, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs and charts are some other topics which would be evaluated here.
Section 4: In this section, candidates awareness of the current scenario at state, national and international level is tested. However, there is no exact syllabus for this but current and conventional general knowledge from past and present is required to clear this section.
No. Of Section
No. Of Question
|English Language and Reading Comprehension
| Quantitative Aptitude
|Data Sufficiency & Logical Reasoning
|General Knowledge & Contemporary Business Scenario
- For every correct answer candidate will be given 4 marks.
- For every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted