KMAT Kerala is an integrated entrance examination through which students can get admission in a number of government and private MBA and PGDM institutes situated in Kerala state. This exam is conducted once a year in offline mode.KMAT Kerala 2020 is a gateway for admissions to various management schools across Kerala. The exam is conducted by Cochin University of Science and Technology/ Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS) under the supervision of the Admission Supervisory Committee. The dates for the second exam of the year 2020 have been announced on the official website. KMAT Kerala 2020 exam will be conducted on May 17, 2020. The online registrations for the same will start from February 1, 2020. The first cycle exam was conducted on December 1, 2019. KMAT Kerala exam is held multiple times a year.
First cycle results for KMAT Kerala 2020 were released on December 10, 2019 on the official website. The scorecard was released on December 13, 2019.
Highlights of KMAT Kerala 2020:
|Name of the Examination||Kerela Management Admission Test 2020|
|Conducting Body||Cochin University of Science and Technology/ Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|Purpose||For Admission into MBA program|
|Mode of Examination||Paper-based Test (Offline)|
|Exam pattern||Multiple Choice Question|
|Number of Section||
1- English language
2- Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning
3- Quantitative Aptitude
4- General Knowledge
|No. of Questions||180|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for correct Answer and -1 for every incorrect answer|
|Accepted Entrance Test||CMAT and CAT|
Similar Entrances to appear:
KMAT Kerala 2020 Schedule:
|Online application form starts||1st week of February 2020|
|End of deposit of application fee||March 2020|
|End of filling of the application form||March 2020|
|Admit Card Download||May 2020|
|KMAT 2020 exam date||17th May 2020 (Announced)|
|Releasing of answer key||July 2020|
KMAT Kerala 2020 Admit Card
KMAT Kerala 2020 admit card was released on November 14 in online mode. Admit card of KMAT Kerala 2020 was available in online mode. Only students submitted the application form successfully along with the payment of fee could download the KMAT Kerala admit card 2020. It is a must-have document on the day of the examination, without which candidates will not be permitted to appear for KMAT Kerala 2020.
Procedure to download KMAT Kerala Admit Card 2020
Step 1: Visit the official link provided- kmatkerala.in
Step 2: Login with the application number and password generated at the time of registration.
Step 3: Click on the tab ‘Download admit card.’
Step 4: Screen will display the admit card of KMAT Kerala 2020.
Step 5: Download and take the print of the KMAT Kerala 2020 admit card.
KMAT Kerala Admit Card 2020 Details
The admit card of KMAT Kerala 2020 will mention the following details:
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s roll number
- Candidate’s photo
- Candidate’s address and phone number
- Exam date and timing
- Exam centre name and location
- Other details related to KMAT Kerala 2020 exam day
The test takers are advised to take two print outs of KMAT Kerala 2020 admit card and preserve at least one copy of the same till the end of the admission process. Institutes or universities may seek a copy of admit card at the time of admission.
The test takers must also carry a valid photo ID proof to the exam hall.
KMAT Kerala 2020 Syllabus
English Langage Usage and Reading Comprehension
Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning
Fill in the blanks
Right usage of words
Odd one out
Data Sufficiency- Tables, Bar Graph, Line Graph, Pie Chart, Combination of Graphs, Data Sufficiency, Venn Diagram
Logical Reasoning- Blood Relations, Syllogism, Venn Diagram, Propositions, Data Arrangement, Puzzles, Assumptions, Statements
Arithmetic - Number System, HCF, LCM, Ratio and Proportion, Simplification, Percentage
Algebra - Theory of Equations, Sequence and Series, Quadratic Equation, Permutation and Combination
Geometry - Angles, Lines, Triangles, Circles
Mensuration - Areas and Volumes – Rectangles, Squares, Triangles, Circles, Cubes, Cones, Spheres, Pipes and Cistern
Calculus - Maxima and Minima, Function
Trigonometry - Trigonometric Ratios, Heights and Distances.
Politics and Culture
Current Affairs of National and International
Personalities in News
Pattern of Exam for KMAT Kerala 2020
- Exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- Question paper will have Multiple Choice Questions only.
- There will be 4 sections in the question namely: A) English Language Usage and Reading, B) Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning, C) Quantitative Aptitude, D) General Knowledge and Contemporary Business Scenario
- There will be a total of 180 questions in the exam paper.
- Duration of KMAT Kerala exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks and 1 negative mark will be there for each wrong answer.
KMAT Kerala Exam Pattern: Detailed
Mode of Exam
Pen-paper Based test, each candidate will be provided a sealed OMR sheet and a question paper. Make sure to not open the seal until the instructions are given by the invigilator.
Duration of Exam
2 hours 30 minutes, wherein there is no restriction regarding solving a particular section within a stipulated time limit.
Medium of Exam
English, each question in the exam will be asked in english only and a candidate must provide the answer in the same language.
No. of Sections
Four sections namely English Language and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, Data Sufficiency & Logical Reasoning and General Knowledge & Contemporary Business Scenario
Section 1: This section will test the student’s knowledge and proficiency in the English language. Also, unseen passages that must be answered based on the information or facts given in the passage are also asked. The questions are usually direct and the difficulty level is easy to moderate.
Section 2: This section will test the basic mathematical ability of individuals. It is considered to be relatively a scoring section though the level of difficulty for this section is moderate to high. This sub-division will examine a student on how quick as well as accurate he/she is when it comes to thinking. The questions might, either be in sets or individual ones.
Section 3: In this section, the ability of applicants to understand graph, charts, tables and patterns from the data given as also their visualization power is analyzed. The question will be more of Matriculation standards in this sub-division. Work efficiency of students with numbers, numerical calculations, various arithmetic problems involving ratio & proportion, percentage, interest, time and speed etc. will be tested. Apart from this, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs and charts are some other topics which would be evaluated here.
Section 4: In this section, candidates awareness of the current scenario at state, national and international level is tested. However, there is no exact syllabus for this but current and conventional general knowledge from past and present is required to clear this section.
No. Of Section
No. Of Question
|English Language and Reading Comprehension||50||200|
|Data Sufficiency & Logical Reasoning||40||160|
|General Knowledge & Contemporary Business Scenario||40||160|
- For every correct answer candidate will be given 4 marks.
- For every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted
KMAT Kerala 2020 Cut-off:
The minimum marks required for qualifying in KMAT Kerala, as stipulated by ASC, Kerala, is mentioned in the table below. There will be no rounding off marks to the nearest whole number. The qualifying cut off marks for CAT and CMAT will be same and at par with the qualifying cut off marks of KMAT.
The candidates who secured 15% of the total 720 marks, i.e., 108 (Rounded to 108) marks and above are qualified for admission in any institutions/ colleges, as stated above, in Kerala.
For SEBC category, the qualifying cut off marks is 10% of 720 marks, i.e., 71.6, (Rounded to 72 marks.)
For SC/ST category, the qualifying cut off marks is 7.5 % of 720 marks, i.e., 53.7 (Rounded to 54 marks).
A tabulated format for the cut offs for KMAT Kerala is given below:
Minimum Cut off Mark
KMAT Kerala 2020 Application Form:
The application form for KMAT Kerala 2020 will be available for the candidates online on the official website. The candidates can fill up the application form by visiting the official website. The candidate will have to fill up the application form and send a hard copy of the application form along with a DD of the required amount in favor of KMAT Kerala 2020.
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website i.e. kmatkerala.in
- Click on ‘ new registration’
- Fill in the details- Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Category, Email ID
- Click on Submit
- An application number and password will be generated for future login
Step 2: Fill Online Application Form
- Login by entering the Application Number and password
- Enter Personal Details, Academic Details, and Contact details asked
- Click on Save and Continue
Step 3- Payment of Application Fee
The payment can be online using Debit/Credit Card or Net banking
Category-wise fee is given below:
|Category||Application Fee( In Rs)|
After paying the fee, click ‘Go to Next Step’.
Step 4- Uploading the Documents
- Upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature
- The photograph and signature must be equal to or less than 40 KB of 150 X 200 pixel in jpg format
- Click on Submit
Step 5- Choosing the Exam Center
- Choose three preferred exam centers
- Click on Submit
Step 6- Profile Verification and Submission
- Review the application form. No changes can be made once the application form is submitted
- If you need to make any changes, click edit and make the required changes
- No edit can be made in the basic information
- After making the changes, click on submit
- Take a print of the application form for future reference
KMAT Kerala 2020 Counseling:
After the result of KMAT Kerala 2020 is published applicants can check the dates of counseling on the KMAT Kerala website. Those who qualify the exam will have to apply at the institutions of their choice. They will be called for next selection rounds which include Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). A final rank list will be prepared on the grounds of applicants’ performance in all above rounds. Seats will be given to the applicants on the basis of their ranks in the list. Final seats will be allotted once the requisite original documents are verified.
KMAT Kerala 2020 Counselling
- Admission Supervisory Committee (ASC) has laid down a few directives on which the admission will take place.
- As per ASC guidelines, the weightage given to Entrance Examination, Group Discussion and interview is 80:10:10 respectively.
- There is no centralized counselling process for KMAT Kerala.
- The participating institutes will conduct their individual counselling and selection process. However, institutes will have to follow and stick to the weightage ratio as mentioned above during their individual admission process.
- All candidates seeking admission to the various colleges will have to apply for admission to individual colleges and institutions directly with their KMAT Kerala scorecards.
Apart from KMAT Kerala score, colleges will also consider the scores of CMAT (Common Management Admission Test) and CAT (Common Admission Test) as given below:
Documents Required for KMAT Kerala Counselling:
- Passport size Photograp
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate (If applicable)
- KMAT Kerala Admit Card
- KMAT Kerala Score Card
- Character Certificate
- 10th Marksheet and Passing Certificate
- 12th Marksheet and Passing Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Bachelor's Degree Certificate
KMAT Kerala 2020 Results:
KMAT Kerala Results 2020 has been declared on December 10, 2019. Candidates who appeared for KMAT Kerala 2020 exam on December 01, 2019 can check their results on the official website. The results have been declared in the form of pdf file format mentioning names, scores and ranks of all the test takers. Applicants can also download their scorecards from the official website by using their login credentials.
Steps to check KMAT Kerala 2020 Results:
Candidates can check their qualifying status for KMAT Kerala exam as under:
- Go to KMAT Kerala 2020 website
- Click on KMAT KERALA December exam
- Enter application number and password
- Download scorecard
KMAT Kerala 2020 Scorecard Details
The scorecard of KMAT Kerala will mention the following details -
- Application number
- Roll number
- Part I marks
- Part II marks
- Part III marks
- Part IV marks
- Total marks
- Rank of the candidate
The scorecards will be available for download till the MBA admission process is completed, the candidates are advised to download their scorecards within the duration.
KMAT KERALA 2020 Rank Cards:
KMAT KERALA 2020 Rank Card shows the rank of the candidates in the entrance examination.
- Candidates can likewise download their KMAT KERALA Rank Card from the official site.
- At the time of the declaration of KMAT KERALA results, a cut-off qualifying mark will be settled by the University. Candidates qualifying the cut-off rank will be required in the counseling process of KMAT KERALA 2020.
- Candidates can check the KMAT Kerala Answer key to know how they have performed and to analyze whether the answer keys are right.
KMAT Kerala 2020 Results
Kerela KMAT June 2020 Results will be declared on June 23, 2020. KMAT admission committee has released KMAT Kerala results 2019 in form of pdf file mentioning names, scores and ranks of all candidates who appeared for the exam on June 16. Candidates can check their qualifying status and marks through the official link provided below. The scorecards for KMAT Kerala June 2020 will available from June 25, 2020.
An official notification released by KMAT Kerala admission committee stated that candidates who scored 15% of total marks i.e. 108 out of 720 have been declared qualified for the exam. Whereas, the qualifying cut off marks for SEBC - 10% i.e. 72 marks out of total 720 marks and for SC/ST - 7.5% i.e. 54 marks out of total 716 marks.
The results of the June session have been declared a week after KMAT Kerala 2019 answer key was released. The answer key was provided for candidates to cross-verify for any discrepancy.
KMAT Kerala 2020 Answer Key:
Answer key with all the 180 correct answers will be released soon after the exam is over. Answer Key will be helpful for the applicants to know if they will qualify the exam or not, as the cut-off mark has already been revealed.
If anyone has any objection regarding the answer key they can file it to the authority. The final answer key will be released online with the publication of results.
Steps to Download KMAT Kerala Answer Key:
The answer key of KMAT Kerala mentions the correct option for each question. Check below correct answers for KMAT Question Paper -
- Click on the link provided below for KMAT Kerala Answer Key 2020
- A pdf file for answer key is given, you can download it to cross-check your responses
- In case, you find any discrepancy in relation to the answer key of the KMAT exam, you can reach out to the exam officials for the same.
- Also, you can login with your Application Number and Password to file objections on KMAT Kerala 2019 Answer Key
- Download KMAT Kerala Answer Key for December exam- Click Here
The candidates can calculate their answers with the official answer key by logging on to the KMAT Kerala website. Moreover, KMAT Kerala Cut off marks and marking scheme is also available here. Candidates can check here KMAT Kerala 2020 Answer Key and marking scheme.
Answer keys of KMAT Kerala 2019 February and KMAT Kerala 2019 June exams were released on the official website separately.
Post the release of answer keys, the final results are announced. The results can be downloaded from the official website by using individual login IDs. The scorecards and merit list are also available on the official website only. Basis their overall score and ranks, the candidates can apply for admission to the management institute of their choice operating under the Government of Kerala.
KMAT Kerala 2020 eligibility
KMAT Kerala 2020 Eligibility Criteria depends on various parameters like Residence, Educational Qualification, Marks in the qualifying exam, etc. In this article, the details have explained the Eligibility for KMAT Kerala.
Authority: Candidates applying for KMAT Kerala 2020 should fulfill the basic eligibility criteria issued by Mahatma Gandhi University, supervised by the Admission Supervisory Committee.
Valid Scorecard: Only the scorecard of CAT/CMAT or KMAT Kerala 2020 would be considered valid for admissions to MBA courses in various colleges affiliated to different Universities of Kerala
Important points regarding KMAT KERALA 2020 Eligibility
Domicile: The candidate must be an Indian citizen and should be a native of Kerala. Outside of the criteria candidates can't apply for the exam.
Education Qualification: Candidates should have completed their Bachelor's (any field like BA/BCA/BBA/B. Com) Degree of minimum 3 years duration to satisfy the eligibility criteria for the KMAT exam.
Minimum Marks: The minimum marks required in the qualifying examination is 50% marks for general category students and 40% marks for reserved category(SC/ST/PWD) in the qualifying graduate exam.
Graduating candidates: Candidates who are appearing for the final year of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply, provided their results are declared before the commencement of the admission process of KMAT Kerala 2020.
Prerequisite Qualifications: Candidates must have finished their Bachelor's Degree / Masters Degree with a passed certificate in various departments like Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering/ Technology or its equivalent qualification with minimum 50% of marks to be eligible as per the eligibility criteria requirements of KMAT Kerala 2020.
Q: What is the application fee for KMAT Kerala 2019?
A:The candidates have to pay an amount of Rs. 1000 while applying for KMAT Kerala 2019. For ST/SC candidates the application fee is Rs. 750.
Q:For which institutes KMAT Kerala score is applicable for admission?
A:Nearly all the MBA offering institutes in Kerala state accept KMAT Kerala score as valid for admission.
Q:What is the level of difficulty of KMAT Kerala exam paper?
A:It is not highly difficult to qualify KMAT Kerala exam but you have to study rigorously from all the sections of the syllabus. Questions will come from +2 level subjects, so it would be better to follow NCERT books for preparation.
Q: What is the mode of the exam?
A: The exam will be conducted in offline mode only.
Q: What is the mode of filling the application form?
A: You can apply for KMAT Kerala only in online mode.
Q: Does a general category candidate has to submit the cast certificate?
A: No the general candidates need not to submit the cast certificate.
Q: Which are the top B-schools accepting KMAT Kerala score?
A: Here are the top most B-schools accepting KMAT Kerala score-
- Kannur University
- Kerala Agricultural University
- KUFOS (Kerala University Of Fisheries and Ocean Studies)
- APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
Q: Is there any other round after the exam?
A: Yes, there are Group discussion and Personal interview rounds after the written test.
Q: How many times the exam is conducted?
A: The exam is conducted twice a year that is in June and December.
Q: Is there any sectional time limit for the exam?
A: No, there is no such sectional time limit for the exam.
Q: What is the marking scheme for KMAT Kerala?
A: 4 marks will be added for each correct answer while there is no negative marking for the incorrect answer.
Q: What are the recommended books for KMAT Kerala?
A: Following are the recommended books for KMAT Kerala-
- Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation for CAT by Nishit Sinha
- Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for CAT by Nishit Sinha
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination Tips, Techniques, and Short-cut Methods by Abhijit Guha
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT by Arun Sharma by Arun Sharma
- Business English and Communication by Clark Zimmer
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Ajay Singh, Publisher by Ajay Singh
- Class 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Textbooks by NCERT/ Kerala State Board
- Q: What are the subjects in KMAT Kerala?
- A: The subjects are Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability, Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness & Contemporary Business Scenario.