CEED 2021 (Common Entrance Exam for Design) exam registration last date has been extended by IIT Bombay till 31st October 2020. However, students can also apply (with late fees) within 7th November 2020.
Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED 2021) is an entrance exam allowing candidates to pursue their career in various design courses. In 2020, the exam is being organized by the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. It is a national level entrance exam of design course which is conducted on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. This entrance opens the gate for the candidates aspiring to pursue ‘M. Des’ from different prominent institutions like IITs, IISc. If they qualify the entrance exam and take admission in the IITs will also be able to pursue a Ph.D. programme.
- CEED 2021 Registration Last Date Re-extended. New Dates Announced. Check Here
- CEED 2021 Registration Last Date Extended. New Dates Released. Check Here
- CEED 2021 Registration Started. Check Here
- CEED 2020 Cut-off Released. Check Here
Master of Design programmes (MDes, M.Des. or M.Design):
- IISc, Bangalore - M.Des. in Product Design and Engineering (CPDM)
- IIT Mumbai - M.Des. in Industrial design, Animation, Interaction Design, Visual Communication, Mobility, and Vehicle Design
- IIT Delhi - M.Des. in Industrial Design
- IIT Hyderabad - M.Des. in Visual Design
- IIT Guwahati - M.Des. in Design
- IIT Kanpur - M.Des. in Design
- IIITDM Jabalpur - M.Des. in Design
- School of Design Studies - UPES Dehradun - M.Des. in Product Design, Interior Design, Transportation Design, Industrial design
- Symbiosis Pune - M.Des in design
Ph.D. Programmes in Design:
CEED 2021 Highlights:
|Name of Examination||Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED)|
|Conducting Body||IIT Mumbai|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Courses Offered||Master of Design (M.Des) and Ph.D (Design)|
|Mode of Examination||Online and Offline|
|No. of Seats Available||Approx. 200|
|In case of queries||[email protected]|
CEED 2021 Schedule:
The official schedule of CEED 2021 has been released by the conducting authority of the examination. The schedule contains the complete details of the important dates of application, examination, result, and counseling. It is very important for the students to check the complete schedule so that there would be no confusion in dates and avoid any kind of last-minute hassle. The Registration window was extended till the 20th December to help the aspirants. The Entrance Examination is scheduled to be held on 18th January 2020. The official schedule of the exam is mentioned below:
CEED 2021 New Schedule (Important Dates):
|Registration starts||9th September 2020|
|Registration ends||31st October 2020|
|Registration ends (Rs 500 late fee)||7th November 2020|
|Admit card available||1st January 2021|
|CEED 2021 Exam Date||17th January 2021 (9 AM - 12 PM)|
|Provisional Answer Key release||21st January 2021|
|Last date to challenge answer key||24th January 2021|
|Final Answer Key release||31st January 2021|
|Result declaration||10th March 2021|
CEED 2021 Admit Card:
The admit card for CEED 2021 will be available only for those candidates who have successfully Registered/Submitted the Application Form. The candidates will be able to access the admit card by visiting the official website. The admit card will be available until the 19th of January. It is a mandatory object for the exam. No candidates will be allowed to appear in the exam without the admit card. The candidates are advised to take more than one print out of the admit card for the entrance exam. The admit card should be produced at the exam hall upon demand. There are certain details that are mentioned in the Admit card/Hall Ticket like the Test Ticket Number/Admit Card Number, Test Date, Test Center Timings, Candidate's Name as mentioned in the Application Form and many other details. If there is any error in the admit card then the student should report a complaint regarding the same to the Conducting authority of the CEED Examination i.e. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Mumbai. Once the complaint is registered the Conducting authority will send the revised Admit card to the candidate through registered email id.(given during the time of registration).It is mandatory for the Candidate has to appear for the exam along with the admit card, without the admit card/hall ticket, no student will be allowed to attain the exam.
How To Download CEED Admit Card 2021 Online?
Go tot the Official website of CEED. (http://www.ceed.iitb.ac.in/2021/)
Click the on the Admit Card Download Section. Then the page will redirect to the Admit card downloading page.
After reaching to the admit card download page the students are required Log in into the website using the Registered login id and date of birth.
Check the details mentioned in the admit card are properly mentioned or appropriate. This is because, if on the examination day any kind of misprint or error of details is found in the admit card, then the student will not be allowed to appear the examination.
After checking all the details mentioned in the Admit card, the aspirant needs to download the Admit card and take a print our of the same for future use.
Details Presents in Admit Card:
How to Report Problem Regarding the Admit Card ?
Candidates need to thoroughly go through their CEED 2021 admit card. In case there is any discrepancy in their admit card then candidates need to report the same to CEED authorities. For CEED 2021 exam, candidates need to report any discrepancy in their admit card on the day of the design entrance exam. Till last year, candidates had to report issues in their CEED admit card through email but this year, aspirants need to fill a form that would be available with IIT Bombay
Documents Required with CEED 2021 Admit Card to the Exam Center:
CEED 2021 Admit Card must be necessarily carried by a candidate to enter the examination center. The admit card will be used to authenticate the identity of the candidate. Along with the admit card, candidates have to carry a photocopy of a proof of identity.
The POI document can be any one of these:
1. Voter ID
2. PAN Card
3. Aadhar Card
4. Driving License
5. Ration Card
The invigilator verifies the candidate’s identity by matching the details of the admit card with the presented document.
NOTE: If a candidate does not have a valid ID, he/she can download the ‘Identity Certificate’ from CEED website. He/She has to fill it, paste a photograph in the given space and get it attested by a Gazetted Officer. It will be accepted as a Proof of Identity at the examination center.
Exam Day Instructions
Instructions to be followed are written on the back of the admit card. Some quick tips for the exam day:
1. The exam starts at the time given on the provisional admit card. Candidate should reach the exam venue 90 minutes prior to the commencement of the exam.
2. CEED 2021 is an online examination, thus it will start at the exact time.
3. A computer system is allotted to each candidate.
4. There will be a login screen in front of you. Contact the invigilator if you can’t see the login screen.
5. Ten minutes before the test time, you will be prompted to log in.
6. Enter your Roll No. and date of birth.
7. Successful log in attempt will take you to a screen with this information:
a. Personal details: Check all your details carefully. Click ‘I agree’ to continue to the test.
b. Exam Instructions: Read all the information given about the test.
c. Click on the button ‘I am ready to begin’.
8. The questions are of objective type, one option is correct out of the four given. Candidates have to choose one with a mouse click.
9. Click ‘Save and next’ to save the marked response and move to the next question.
10. You can come back to the question by clicking ‘Mark for review’.
11. To clear the marked answer, click ‘Clear response’.
12. If the student is not comfortable, the font size can be increased or decreased by asking the invigilator.
13. The remaining time is shown on the screen.
14. To go and read the instructions at any point of time, click on ‘Instructions’.
15. Calculators, Pagers, Cell phones and other electronic gadgets are not allowed inside the examination hall.
16. Candidates are not allowed to leave the hall before the test’s end time.
17. Candidate should inform the invigilator immediately in case of any technical problem.
CEED 2021 Exam Centers:
|1. Ahmedabad||5. Chandigarh||9. Ernakulam||13. Kolkata||17. Nagpur||21. Raipur|
|2. Bengaluru||6. Chennai||10. Guwahati||14. Kozhikode||18. Panaji||22. Thiruvananthapuram|
|3. Bhopal||7. Dehradun||11. Hyderabad||15. Lucknow||19. Patna||23. Thrissur|
|4. Bhubaneswar||8. Delhi||12. Jaipur||16. Mumbai||20. Pune||24. Vishakhapatnam|
CEED 2021 Syllabus:
Syllabus of CEED 2021 is always published along with the examination brochure on the official website of CEED. Students can download the official brochure to know the detailed syllabus of the examination like the chapters of different subjects that will be asked in the exam questionnaire. The syllabus consist of all the detailed elaboration of important subjects that will asked in the Entrance Examination. It is very important for the students to know the detailed syllabus of the examination to avoid any kind of confusion during the examination process. Those candidates who're appearing for the entrance exam are advised to go through the syllabus released by the authorities before starting their preparation for the exam. CEED 2020 syllabus will contain the chapters and topics from where the questions will be asked in the entrance exam. The syllabus of CEED 2020 prescribed by the authorities will help the aspiring candidates in saving a lot of time along with knowing what to study and what to avoid. Here are the topics which the candidates should focus for the CEED 2020:
CEED 2021 Syllabus (Part A):
Language and creativity
Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, and active and passive constructions, etc. & vocabulary skills. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
Visualization and Spatial Ability
Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test: understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships; knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
Analytical and logical reasoning
Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
Observation and design sensitivity
Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
Environmental and Social Awareness
General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature
Design thinking and problem solving
Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select solutions.
CEED 2021 Syllabus (Part B):
Analytical and problem-solving skills
Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective and shading.
Ability to think out-of-the-box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.
Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
Ability to undertand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and process and their appropriate use in design, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots and stories etc.
Get Details of CEED Exam Pattern. Click Here
CEED 2021 Exam Pattern:
CEED exam pattern has changed for admission 2021. The number of questions asked in CEED exam as well as the marking scheme has changed in CEED 2021. The design entrance exam will consist of two parts, which are, Part A and Part B. Both the CEED exam parts are conducted on the same day and aspirants need to appear for both the exams at the time specified on their CEED admit card. It is advised that the students should check the complete Syllabus to get complete details of the examination subjects.
Candidates are informed that CEED exam uses English as a medium of instruction. Part A of CEED exam consists of objective types questions and Part B contains a drawing question. In both the exam parts candidates are evaluated out of 100 marks each.
1. Part A comprise of a total of 100 marks and 3 sections. Part A will be Computer Based Test of time duration of 1 hour.
2. Part A contains objective type questions (multiple choice questions, multiple select questions and numerical answer questions).
3. Answers to Part A have to be given on the computer.
4. These will be design aptitude type questions that evaluate visual and spatial ability, environment and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language, observation and design sensitivity of candidates.
5. Marks obtained in Part A will be used to shortlist candidates.
|Section||Number of Questions||Question Number||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong||Marks if not Attempted||Total Marks|
|NAT||10||(1 — 10)||3||0||0||30|
|MSQ||10||(11 — 20)||2||0||0||20|
|MCQ||25||(21 — 45)||2||-0.6||0||50|
|Total||45||(1 — 45)||---||---||---||100|
1. Part B consists of questions that are aimed at testing design, drawing, and writing skills.
2. In Part B, there will be 5 questions of total 100 marks. There will not be any optional questions.
3. The questions in Part B will be displaed on the computer screen and the answers are to be written in the answer book provided by the invigilator (NOT into the computer).
4. However, you need to tick appropriate box on the computer screen to indicate that you have answered the same.
5. Part B answers will be collected at the end of the examination.
6. Part B answer books will be evaluated manually for the candidates who are shortlisted from Part A.
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
CEED Marking Scheme 2021
The marking scheme for CEED 2021 varies for Part A and Part B of the design exam. There is negative marking in Part A of the exam but since Part B is a subjective paper, there is no negative marking in it.
CEED Part A Marking SchemeAspirants can go through the marks they can secure by attempting questions in different sections of CEED 2021 Part A exam in the table below.
|Section||Marks for Each Correct Answer (New Pattern)||Marks for Each Correct Answer (Old Pattern)|
The marks that will be deducted for every wrong answer marked by candidates in CEED 2021 are as mentioned in the table below:
|Section||Marks for Each Correct Answer (New Pattern)||Marks for Each Correct Answer (Old Pattern)|
CEED Part B Marking Scheme
The marking scheme for CEED Part B exam is as mentioned below:
|Section||Total Marks (New Pattern)||Total Marks (Old Pattern)|
|Discipline Specific Question||-||40|
CEED 2021 Cut Off:
The Cut off will be released before the publication of Result by the Conducting Authority on the official website. It is the minimum mark required by the candidates to be eligible for the admission. In CEED 2021, part A is a qualifying exam. Those candidates who'll qualify part A will be able to appear in part B paper. To be eligible for admission, CEED aspirants need to obtain equal to or above CEED cutoff 2021. The participating institutes such as IIT Kanpur, IIITDM Jabalpur, IIT Guwahati, IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Delhi and IISc Bangalore will release category-wise CEED cutoff for respective programmes. The Candidates who qualify the prescribed Cut-off margin will only be eligible for the Counselling Rounds under different colleges. Students should be aware of the fact that the CEED cut off will not be the same across institutes and it will vary from programme to programme. CEED 2021 was held on January 18 in two parts- Part A and Part B. Only the shortlisted candidates in part A were eligible to appear for part B. The score of part B will be used for preparation of CEED 2021 cutoff and merit list. To qualify the part A exam, the candidates need to secure a minimum percentage of marks which are given below.
|Category||Minimum % Marks for being Shortlisted|
|SC / ST / PwD||5%|
CEED 2021 question paper have two parts- Part A and Part B.
- Part A is a screening test for shortlisting candidates for Part B.
- The merit list of CEED 2021 will be prepared on the basis of Part B score, which will include both the opening and closing ranks of qualified candidates for counselling round. Candidates must note that the closing rank is also CEED 2021 cutoff.
- The cutoff will vary from Institute to Institute
CEED Cut-off By Indian Institute of Technology (IIT):
|Part A Qualifying Marks||38||34.2||19||19|
|Qualifying CEED Score||30||27||15||15|
There are a few factors that affect the cut-off. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Number of Applicants who have appeared the examination
The total number of applicants who have appeared the examination is directly impacts to the total number of students who will qualify the examination. This is because, if large number of candidates are appearing the exam then there is a high probability that many students will perform well in the examination which in return will increase the margin of Cut-off. This is done to select the best performing candidates for admission into various courses.
- Difficulty Level of the exam
The difficulty level of the examination is directly proposnal to the performance of candidates appearing the examination. If the difficulty level of the examination is high then the overall performance of the candidates will be probably modest. In this case the Organizing Authority will try to keep the cut-off margin as low as possible to attract admission in to their college
- Previous Year Cut-offs
Previous year cut-off act as a base margin of setting of new current year cut-off. This factor greatly affects the determination of cut-off as it gives an idea to the authorities regarding what should be the cut-off margin based on the performance of total number candidates appearing the examination.
- Number of Seats available
Selection of candidates is majorly done depending on the total number of seats available in the particular college. There are certain restrictions issued by the Government of India that limits the available of seats for admission into a certain course for each and every college. Therefore if the number of seats for admission are less then the cut-off margin will be very high. This is done to select the best performing candidates for admission into various courses.
CEED 2021 Application Form:
The application form for CEED 2021 is available on the official website of CEED 2021. The candidates interested in the entrance exam are advised to visit the official website and before filling up the application form candidate should check the Eligibility Criteria required. Its is advised that before filling up the form, the candidates should keep all their documents with them. Candidates should also check the Schedule to not miss any important dates of Downloading Admit Card, Answer keys, Scorecard/Result etc. After Registering successfully candidates are advised to Print and keep the Application form for future use in Counselling Rounds. Its also advised that the candidates should check the Exam pattern before preparing for the Entrance Examination. The application will have to be submitted in four steps which are, Registration, Application fill up, Document Uploading, Fee payment.
Highlights of CEED 2021 Application Form
- In order to apply for the CEED Entrance Examination the Students has Go to the official website of CEED for Registration. There is no other way to Apply.
- Students have to Register themselves on the website with a valid Email ID & Mobile number
- Candidates have to Enter all the details required to fill up the application form
- The Desired Exam Center can be opted by the candidate. This can be done by selecting the required exam center while filling up the application form.
- All the required documents like photograph, signature and required certificates are to be uploaded in the prescribed format. The Documents should be genuine to the very best as they will be again scrutinized
- Candidates should make the required payment for the exam via Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking, otherwise the application process will be incomplete.
Steps to Fill CEED 2021 Application Form:
Step 1: Create Login ID
In order to successfully register for Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED), candidates need to first of all create a login ID wherein they need to enter details such as their email address, name, date of birth, gender, address, mobile number and password.
Some aspects that aspirants need to keep in mind while create the password include that the password should have:
- One character that is in uppercase
- One character that is in lowercase
- One numerical digit/number
- One special character
- Minimum 8 characters
Once candidates have successfully completed their registration on the official website of CEED exam they need to enter their login details, that is, email ID and password. Thereafter, aspirants need to select the name of their qualifying exam as well as year of passing. This is a mandatory step that needs to be followed as verification take place at this step to inform if the candidate is eligible to apply for CEED exam. If the candidate meets the eligibility criteria then they have to click on “Mobile Verification Link” and an OTP will be sent on their registered mobile number.
Step 2: Fill CEED registration form
When the candidate receives the OTP he/she needs to login on the official website by providing the OTP that they receive on their mobile number. Further, aspirants need to fill the below mentioned details in their CEED registration form:
- Applicant’s name
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Date of birth
Step 4: Enter details in CEED application form
Next, candidates need to check the CEED eligibility criteria and therafter fill the below mentioned details in CEED 2021 application form.
- Date of birth
- PwD status
- Date of birth
- Alternate mobile number
- Educational qualification
- Exam centre preference
Step 3: Upload important documents
After aspirants fill all the above mentioned details they need to upload important documents with their online CEED application form. Candidates need to note that the important documents need to be “upload as electronic files while submitting the online application. Paper copies of these documents or any other documents will not be entertained and hence should not be sent to the CEED office. The admit card and score card of CEED will include the photograph and signature as submitted by the candidate. Submission of poor quality photograph and/or signature may lead to rejection of CEED application”, informs the official website of CEED exam.
Candidates belonging to OBC-NCL category are informed that the category certificate uploaded by them would be accepted if it is issued after April 1, 2019 only.
Candidates should also pay attention to the size and format of documents submitted with CEED application form.
|Document||File Size||File Format|
Size: 3.5X4.5 cm
Less than 100KB
Size: 3.5X4.5 cm
Less than 50KB
|Copy of degree/diploma||Less than 500KB|
|Certificate from Principal of the College/Head of Department||Less than 500KB|
|Category Certificate||Less than 500KB|
|PwD certificate||Less than 500KB|
|Age & Nationality proof||Less than 500KB|
Step 4: Pay the application fee
Next, aspirants need to pay the application fee in order to successfully register for CEED entrance exam. CEED application has to be paid online by means of debit/credit card or net banking. Candidates are informed that CEED application fee is non-refundable and so they should pay the registration fee with utmost care.
Candidates who fail to submit their CEED application form within the stipulated time need to pay a late fee of Rs 500 if they submit their application form from November 10 to November 16, 2021.
Step 5: Take print of CEED application form
Lastly, after successfully submitting their details as well as paying the application fee, candidates should take a clear print of their duly filled application form and keep it with them for further use.
CEED 2021 Counseling:
Process for counselling of CEED 2021 will begin after the declaration CEED 2021 Results. Only those candidates who got shortlisted after qualifying CEED 2021 Cutoff will be called in for the Counselling Process. Candidates can meet the basic requirements of process of counselling by following the selection process. After counselling, candidates can take the admission in the institutes he/she wants to. Counselling for the admission will be starting after declaring Result/Scorecard and Merit list. In this process candidate can take admission for any programs into any college given below (depends on vacancies):
|IISc Bangalore||Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing|
|IIT Bombay||IDC School of Design (Industrial Design Centre)|
|IIT Delhi||Department of Design|
|IIT Guwahati||Department of Design|
|IIT Hyderabad||Department of Design|
|IIITDM Jabalpur||Design Discipline|
|IIT Kanpur||Design Programme|
Highlights of Counselling:
- Notification regarding Masters in Design and Ph.D. admission issued by each Institute must be, first of all, checked by the candidates.
- Every individual Institute will have its eligibility conditions. Thus the applicants are recommended to go through the eligibility criteria of the Institute they are targetting and also check if they qualify the eligibility criteria of that particular Institute.
- The path leading to admission will fill with various checkpoints like entrance exams, interviews, and some additional selection rounds.
- The eligibility of the applicants regarding their participation in the CEED 2021 counseling process will determine based on their performance in the CEED 2021.
- If selected for the interview round, the shortlisted Students have to pay the amount required.
Details of Counselling Process:
- Evaluation: Applicants who clear the CEED 2021 Part-A are entitled to be evaluated for CEED 2021 Part-B. If the candidate hasn't qualified the first part, then he/she will be disqualified for the evaluation of part B.
- Results: Results and CEED 2021 Merit List will be announced only on the basis of the evaluation of Part-B.
- Counselling: The counselling is conducted for applicants who have cleared the CEED 2021 and are called for counselling on the basis of the performance in Part A and Part B. Courses available according to performance will be published.
- Documents Required: The candidates are required to bring their original documents, Admit Card, and certificates during counselling. If the applicants fail to bring the required documents and certificates for counselling, they will not be eligible for admission.
- Design Aptitude Test: Candidates who have cleared CEED 2021 will have to appear for Design Aptitude Test Screening.
- Personal Interview: Further shortlisted candidates will have to attend a Personal Interview and then select their desired course and institutes.
Documents required for Counselling:
CEED 2021 Result:
How To Check CEED 2021 Result Online?
Step 1: Go to the official website of CEED 2021
Step 2: On the home page click on the button showing "Scorecard"
Step 3: Log in to the website with your credentials (Regd. Email & Password)
Step 4: View and download the scorecard shown on the screen
Step 5: Take a print out for the future reference
How to Check CEED 2021 Result if Student has Forgot the Password?
In case, a candidate forgets his/ her password then they can regenerate it by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit CEED 2021 official website
Step 2: Click on 'Scorecard' or 'Candidate Portal' link
Step 3: Click on 'Forgot Password' tab
Step 4: Enter registered email ID
Step 5: Again click on 'Forgot Password' button
Step 6: Create a new password
Step 7: Navigate through email link with new password
Step 8: Visit CEED 2021 official website
Step 9: Click on 'Scorecard' or 'Candidate Portal' link
Step 10: Enter email ID and new password
Step 11: Click 'Login' button
Step 12: Download CEED result & take a print of the same
Sample of CEED Scorecard:
Details Present in Scorecard:
CEED Result Evaluation Criteria:
CEED is divided into two parts - A and B. Part A of the exam contains objective type questions. Part B consists of questions that test design, drawing and writing skills of candidates. Marks obtained in part A are used to shortlist candidates for part B of the exam.
The official CEED website states: “If ‘N’ is the total number of seats available in a particular category for all the participating institutes, then approximately 10XN candidates for that category will be shortlisted using Part A”. But this process is followed only if candidates score the minimum prescribed marks or more in Part A of CEED exam
Normalisation of Scores
Normalisation is a process for ensuring that students are neither advantaged nor disadvantaged by the difficulty of exams that they do for the Boards. When an exam is conducted in multiple slots, then we know there can be variations in the difficulty level of the exams. To adjust this variations in difficulty level at different slots, normalization is done. Conducting exams in different slots means, there will be a variation in difficulty level of the exams. To resolve this issue, scores are normalized.
Under normalization candidates have two types of marks:
Raw marks: These are the actual marks obtained by the candidate.
Normalised marks: These are the modified marks offered to a candidate considering the relative difficulty of his slot compared to the difficulty of other slots of his discipline.
If it is calculated that the slot of a candidate is relatively easy when compared to the other slot of his discipline then his normalized marks will be less than his actual marks.
But if it is calculated that the slot of the candidate is relatively difficult than other slot of his discipline then his normalized marks will be more than his actual marks.
- One of the factor used in the calculating the normalization by its formula is percentile score
- Percentile score of a candidate in a board or CEED will tell us what percentage of candidates have scored below that candidate in that Board or CEED.
- A Percentile score is the value of below which a certain percent of observations falls.
- For example, the 30th percentile is the value (or score) below which 30 percent of the observations will be found.
- The Percentile of a Candidate will be calculated as :
CEED ranks will be awarded separately as per the categories, EWS, PwdD criterion. The following are the details of the CEED ranks.
- Open Rank - This rank is awarded to the candidates who secure equal to or greater than 38 and 30 in Part A of the entrance test and CEED score respectively.
- EWS Rank - The candidates from general category who fulfil the parameters of EWS quota will be given rank under the EWS candidates. There is no separate cutoff on marks for EWS, so they will also get open rank.
- SC/ST/OBC - NCL Rank - As per their birth category those candidates other than general category who qualified CEED will be get SC/ST/OBC rank. At the time of admission this rank will hold true subjected to the submission and verification of the relevant original documents. If any candidates failed to verify the valid relevant documents then they will be considered for open category if they have an open rank.
- OBC - NCL PwD Rank - The PwD candidates in OBC - NCL category who qaulified CEED will be awarded rank under OBC-NCL PwD rank along with the Open PwD rank. They will be awarded OBC-NCL rank if their marks in Part A and total CEED score are equal to or greater than 34.2 and 27 respectively. However at the time of admission this rank will be considered if they submit the relevant original documents for verification.
- Open PwD Rank - If PwD candidates obtain marks equal to or greater than 19 and 15 respectively in Part A of the entrance exam and CEED score respectively then they will be given rank under Open PwD rank. At the time of admission this rank will be valid if the submit relevant documents for verification. If they fail to do so, then they will be considered for open category if they secure open category rank and did not avail the compensatory time.
Note - If PwD candidates avail compensatory time, it will be marked by * in score card against the PwD category.
If candidates fail to produce the relevant documents then
- OBC-NCL PwD candidates will be condidered for OBC-NCL category if they secure the rank of OBC-NCL rank and did not avail the compensatory time.
- Again they can be considered for Open PwD category OBC-NCL PwD candidates have the rank of Open PwD .
- They can also be considered for open category if they secure an Open rank and did not avail for the compensatory time.
- If PwD candidates availed compensatory time, it will be marked * on the score card against the PwD category.
6. SC/ST PwD Rank - As per their birth category all the PwD candidates of SC/ST category who qualified CEED will be given SC/ST rank. However the rank will be valid only if the candidates produce relevant documents for verification at the time of admission.
If candidates fail to submit the relevant documents then,
- They can be considered for SC/ST category if they have SC/ST rank and did not avail the compensatory time.
- PwD Candidates from SC/ST category can be considered for Open PwD category only if they have Open PwD rank.
- They can also considered for Open category if they have secure the Open rank and did not avail the compensatory time.
If PwD candidates availed for compensatory time, then it will be marked *in score card against the PwD category.
* The participating institute will verify the eligibility, category certificates and other relevant documents along with the CEED score.
CEED 2021 Answer Key:
Highlights of CEED Answer Key:
- The answer key of CEED will be available only for part A of CEED 2021.
- IIT Bombay will be releasing two sets of CEED 2021 answer key- Draft and Final.
- Candidates also have an option to challenge the answer key of CEED 2021. Candidates can send the objections regarding the answer key to IIT Bombay.
- The final answer key of CEED 2021 will be released after taking into account all the feedback sent by the candidates. The final answer key of Part A will be released after the exam has been conducted.
Steps to Download Answer key:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the CEED (www.ceed.iitb.ac.in)
Step 2: Click on the link displaying, 'Draft Answer Key for Part-A'.
Step 3: The CEED Part-A Draft Answer key will appear on your screen in a PDF file format.
Step 4: Download and save the PDF file for future use.
How to Calculate Score Using Answer key:
1st step – Download the answer key and question paper and start cross-checking the answers of each section.
2nd step – Cross-check the answer and mark the correct and incorrect answer.
3rd step – After that, add the marks as per the given answer key:
|Section||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong|
In case of no attempt, 0 marks is awarded
4th step – Now, calculate the score of each section by following the given below formula:
- To caculate the score of NAT section:
3 X (no. of correct answers) – 0 X (no. of wrong answers)
- To calculate the scores of the MSQ section:
2X (no. of correct answers) – 0.2 X (no. of wrong answers)
- To calculate the scores of the MCQ section:
2 X (no. of correct answers) – 0.6X (no. of wrong answers)
5th step – Now, caculate the total score in part A of the exam by adding all the sum;
Score of CEED = NAT+MSQ+MCQ
How to challenge the answer key
Step 1: Go to the Official Website of CEED (www.ceed.iitb.ac.in)
Step 2: Click on the Answer Key tab in the Notification Tab.
Step 3: Enter the Login credentials like the Registration Number and Date of Birth.
Step 4: Students have to select the answers to be Challenged and then click on "Save Your Claims"
Step 5: Upload the Required proof of Documents to justify the claims
Step 6: Pay the prescribed Fee amount (if required)
CEED 2021 Eligibility:
Minimum Qualifications Needed
- Candidates applying for CEED 2021 must have a Graduation degree in Engineering/Architecture/ Design/Interior Design or equivalent from a recognised University after 10+2.
- Candidates having a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts (4-year professional programme after 10+2) can apply for a Master’s programme in Designing.
- Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for CEED, but such candidates must provide proofs of their qualification at the time of counselling.
- Candidates who have completed the 5-year programme (after 10th grade) in G.D. Arts are also eligible to apply for CEED.
- Candidates possessing a Master’s degree in Science/ Arts/ Computer Applications (2-year programme after 10+2+3) may also apply.
- Candidates with a Professional Diploma in Design after 10+2 (NID/ CEPT or an equivalent of 4 years programme) are also eligible to apply for CEED.
Eligibility Criteria as per Different Colleges:
|IISc Bangalore||A recognized Bachelor's degree in engineering /design/architecture|
Candidates For M.Des:
Candidates For Ph.D.
(a) Ph.D. proposal
(b)Portfolio of work and publications
Entries to Master level program based on the performance in the qualifying examinations, and those are CEED or GATE score of the candidate(s). Also, the Selection Committee may deem it fit to call some or all the candidates for the written test and interview
?Candidates For M.Des (Regular and Sponsored):
Candidates For Ph.D. (Design) (Regular, Sponsored, and External):
CEED 2021 FAQs:
Q: When can I get the result for CEED 2021?
A: The result for CEED 2021 been declared. Check the "CEED 2021 Result" section to know the procedure to download your scorecard.
Q: I have a doubt in the answer key. Can I appeal for a clarification?
A: The authorities have already declared the result for the exam. However, after the release of the provisional answer key, the candidates can always appeal for their clarification.
Q: What is the use of CEED Exam?
A: The CEED is a joint entrance exam for post-graduate studies in the field of technological design held annually jointly at all IITs.
Q: Do I need to paste photograph and put a signature on my application?
A: No. Since it is an online application process you need to upload photograph and signature in JPEG format as instructed in the application process.
Q: How many times can a candidate appear for CEED Examination?
A: There is no age limit. A candidate can appear in CEED in any number of times.
Q: What are the steps to apply for the entrance?
A: the steps to apply for the entrance is given below:
- Go to the official website of CEED 2021
- Register on the website with your valid Email ID & Mobile number & verify your account
- Log in again with your respective credentials
- Enter all the details required to fill up the application form
- Choose your desired exam center for the exam
- Upload all the required documents like photograph, signature and required certificates
- Review your application form again and proceed with the payment gateway
- Make the required payment for the exam via Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking
Q: Is there any kind of negative marking?
A: Yes, there is negative marking in the MCQ section.
Q: Is there any kind of age restriction for the entrance?
A: No, there is no age restriction for the enrollment into this entrance examination
Q: How to know about the cut-off distribution?
A: The cut-off will be declared on the official website www.ceed.iitb.ac.in. Students are requested to keep a regular update with the website.
Q: How can we download the answer key?
A: The student can download the answer key by logging into the official website with their registered email id and then he/she can download the answer key.