- Total Colleges 83
- 70 Comments
Common Admission Test (CAT) is an all India test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for the management programs of IIMs at Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bodh Gaya, Calcutta, Indore, Kashipur, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Nagpur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Sambalpur, Shillong, Sirmaur, Tiruchirappalli, Udaipur, Visakhapatnam, jammu and other top B-schools.
Common Admission Test (CAT) is the biggest MBA entrance test in India leading to admission at more than 5000 seats in all IIMs and hundreds of top MBA colleges including FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, JBIMS Mumbai, MDI Gurgaon, IITs, IMT, IMI, XIMB, TAPMI and others.
CAT 2018 Exam Dates
Official notification of CAT 2018
July 28, 2018
CAT 2018 Registration Commencement
August 8, 2018
Last date of CAT 2018 Registration
September 19, 2018
CAT 2018 Admit Card
October 24, 2018
CAT 2018 exam
November 25, 2018
CAT 2018 result
Second week of January 2018
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2018
Candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to appear for CAT.
- Candidate must be 20 years of age or above that.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. It is 45% for SC, ST and PWD/DA category.
- Percentage obtained in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated on the basis of practice followed by the concerned university or institution.
- In case of grades or CGPA, the conversion would be based on the process defined by the concerned university or institution.
- Candidate’s CGPA will be divided by maximum possible CGPA and multiply the result with 100 in the absence of percentage conversion scheme.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification are also eligible to sit for the CAT exam.
List of Equivalent Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2/Post B.Sc./Post Diploma) or B.E/B.Tech equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institution of Engineers -India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India).
- Any qualification recognized by Association of Indian Universities New Delhi, which is equivalent to a bachelor’s degree awarded by UGC recognized university/institutions.
- Cases not covered above equivalency certificate to be produced from Association of Indian Universities New Delhi.
How to Register for CAT 2018
CAT 2018 Application Form filling procedure is completely online. In order to apply for CAT, candidates have to visit the official website of CAT 2018 and register themselves.
- Log on to the official website
- Register yourself with a valid Email ID and Phone number.
- IIM will send the login credentials to the candidates through SMS and email.
- After receiving the login credentials, candidates have to log into the application window and fill up the online application form which is divided into the following areas-
- Personal Details
- Contact Details
- Academic Details
- Work Experience
- Selecting IIMs to apply for
- Selecting Test Centres and Interview Cities
- Candidates are advised to review the application form once filled. Upload the necessary documents with the form
- Candidates Photograph- jpeg format
- Candidates signature- jpeg format
- Photograph should be clear and the signature should be legible enough in order to be eligible.
General: INR 1900
SC: INR 1000
ST/PWD: INR 1000
Paper Pattern for the CAT 2018
The CAT 2018 question paper will consist of the following sections:
Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)