Hospitality Studies course has been designed to offer to eligible students the knowledge of management of food, beverage, and accommodation along with general management. It will help the candidates to get the technical and operational perspectives required for functioning in the hospitality and services sector.
The program focuses on marketing, financial management, human resource management besides also focussing on honing the communication skills of the candidates. The course also provides a comprehensive and in-depth laboratory work for students to gain the knowledge and the required skill standards for the functioning of the core departments of any hotel related to food and beverage production and management, catering operations, general management, human resource management, finance management, tourism marketing, among others.
1. NCHM JEE (National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Exam)
2. IIHM E-CHAT (International Institute of Hotel Management Electronic Common Hospitality Aptitude Test)
3. AIMA UGAT (All India Management Association of Under Graduate Aptitude Test)
4. UPSEE BHMCT (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination of Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Technology)
5. WBJEE HM (West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam of Hotel Management)
Q: What is Hospitality Studies?
A: Hospitality Studies course has been designed to offer to eligible students the knowledge of management of food, beverage, and accommodation along with general management. It will help the candidates to get the technical and operational perspectives required for functioning in the hospitality and services sector.
Q: What is the minimum qualification for this course?
A: The minimum qualification is mentioned below:
- The student should have completed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in any stream from a recognized institution
Q: What are the job profiles associated with Hospitality Studies?
A: Some of the top career profiles are mentioned below:
- Hospitality Executive
- Catering Officer
- Hotel Manager
- Cabin Crew Hostess/Host
- Field Supervisor
Q: What are the Top entrances to consider for Hospitality Studies?
A: Some of the top entrances are mentioned below:
Q: Who are the top recruiters in this field?
A: The top recruiters are as follows:
- Airline Hospitality Industry
- Ship Hospitality Industry
- Event management companies
Q: What are the skills required in this field?
A: Some of the skills are mentioned below:
- The candidate must be good at organization skills.
- Must be excellent in the field of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The zeal for the self-discipline of the student.
- The candidate must be extrovert, co-operative, must be humble and personify the respectful attitude
Q: What are the top colleges providing this course?
A: Some of the top colleges are mentioned below:
Q: What is the admission process for a degree in this course?
A: The Admission process generally varies across colleges. Many institutes offer admission for the course based on performance in the HSC exam in any stream (on the basis of merit). Some institutes conduct their own entrance tests for offering admission.
Q: What is the duration of the course?
A: The duration of Bachelor degree in this course 3 years
Q: What is the examination system?
A: The examination system is Semester wise.