The online registration for CAT 2018 starts today and the students can visit the official site and complete the registration process. The last date for completing the online registration is 19th September. The students will be able to download the admit card from 24th October and the CAT exam will be held on 25th November (Sunday) across India. The students can visit the official site for more information regarding the online registration and application process.
The 5 things that you should keep in mind before going for registration process:
1. Preference for selecting cities: The aspirants will be getting a preference of four cities and they can select any four exam centre according to their choice. The centre will be allotted to the candidates after the last date of online registration process. The authority will try to allot the candidates an exam centre from among their preferred choices but if it is not possible (in very rare cases), he/she will be allotted an alternate city. But the candidates will not be able to choose that centre because the allotment of exam centre will be random.
2. Registration fee: The candidates have to pay the registration fee for the exam through online transaction payments like net banking, credit/debit cards.
3. Test format will be given from 17th October: Tutorials for understanding the examination format will be made available on the official website from 17th October. Moreover there is a FAQ segment that solves the queries of the frequent question of the candidates.
4. CAT entrance pattern: The time limit for the examination will be 180 minutes and the candidates will be given 60 minutes for answering each section. The candidates cannot switch from one section to the other. The questions will be set in three sections – Verbal ability and reading comprehension, Data interpretation and logical reasoning and Quantitative Ability.
5. JNU included in non-IIM CAT college list: The Jawaharlal Nehru University will be accepting the CAT scores for giving admission in the School and Management and Entrepreneurship programme. This will help provide more opportunities for the aspirants.