Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced the exam dates for Combined Defense Services Examination (CDS) February 2017. The CDS exam (I) will be held on Sunday, February 05, 2017.
CDS is conducted twice a year (February and October/November) for recruitment to the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy.
• For Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy: The candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university or its equivalent for applying for this exam.
• For Naval Academy: The candidates should be a science graduate B.Sc. with physics and mathematics or a B.E graduate for applying for the exam.
• For Air Force Academy: The candidate should be a graduate from a recognized university with physics and mathematics at 10+2 level or should be an engineering graduate.
• The candidates who are at their final year are also eligible to apply and they need to submit the proof of passing the degree examination by the specified dates.
UPSC CDS application procedure will be available from Saturday, November 09, 2016.
The CDS examination pattern, subjects and scores varies from academy to academy. Detailed information is mentioned below:
• The question paper for Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy includes subjects such as general knowledge, elementary mathematics and English. The duration for each subject is 2 hours and each subject carries 100 marks.
• The question pattern for Officer' Training Academy (OTA) includes only English and general knowledge. Each subject carries 100 marks and duration would be of 2 hours individually.
• In both cases the questions will be objective type only.
• Last date for submission of application: Friday, December 02, 2016.
• Date of CDS exam: Sunday, February 05, 2017.