Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) is pleased to announce the launch of the ''6th GIRL CHILD SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME".
Under GCSS, SOF awards education scholarships worth Rs. 5000/ each to 300 girl children in India who are academically inclined and come from financially weaker section of the society.
Objectives of the scheme:
1. The G.C.S.S. is an annual scholarship covering one academic year of a girl child.
2. Under G.C.S.S., 300 deserving girl children will be selected from across India.
3. The selection ofthe G.C.S.S. students will be done from recommendations sent by schools.
4. Each selected girl will be awarded a scholarship of ?5000/ to support her school education.
5. The G.C.S.S. amount will be released by 31st Dec 2016.
6. Cheque forthe amount, in favor ofthe selected student, will be dispatched at her school address.
1. A school may send a proposal recommending a girl child for consideration for G.C.S.S.
2. Each school may recommend only one girl child.
3. Proposal should be signed by the school Principal/Head Master/Head Mistress only.
4. Proposal should be in the specified format (enclosed) and complete in all respects/with required attachments.
5. The girl being nominated must be studying in recommending school in class Two to classTen.
6. She should have scored at least aggregate 60% marks or equivalent grade in previous class.
7. The school should send a copy of her previous year's report card duly certified by the principal to SOF along with the GCSS application form.
8. The marks criteria may be waived off for a child with major physical disability.
9. Child's parents' combined monthly income should be less than ? 15000/-
10. All proposals received will be evaluated by a Committee set up by SOF.
11. Qualifiers of G.C.S.S. will be notified individually and through respective schools.
12. Decision of the SOF Committee will be final and binding.
13. In caseof any disputejurisdiction will vest with Delhi courts only.
14. Recommendation under 6th G.C.S.S. should be submitted by 31st Oct 2016 at the National Office of Science Olympiad Foundation.
National Office: Plot No. 99, Sector 44, Gurgaon-122 003 (HR) Ph.:-(0124)4951200, 09312680857 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.sofworld.org
Regd. Office: B-8, Taj Apartment, Ring Road, New Delhi -110029
For more details & Eligibility, Terms and Conditions please refer the Website : Science Olympiad Foundation - Girl Child Scholarship Scheme