SNAP-Symbiosis National Aptitude Test 2017
- Graduate from any recognized / statutory University or Institute with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST). Programs which require specific discipline/ subject specialization need to be checked for eligibility as given by the respective Institute.
- A candidate who has completed qualifying degree from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). All foreign degrees/ qualifications need to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any program of SIU.
- SNAP is conducted by Symbiosis International University (SIU), Pune for taking admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) program of SIU institutes for the academic session 2017.
- since 2007, candidates aspiring to join MBA programs offered by institutes of Symbiosis International University have to take the common, mandatory Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) test.
The SNAP exam pattern is mentioned below:
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||40|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||40|
|General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario||40|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||60|
- SNAP test duration is of 120 minutes.
- SNAP test is an objective test.
- The question paper will contain total 180 objective type questions.
- Each question has 4 responses. Candidate should choose an appropriate response.
- Each wrong answer attracts 25% negative marks
- Candidate must use blue or black ball point pen only.
- SNAP Registration Process: Candidates can register online.
- Modes of Payment for SNAP test Process:Given below are instructions for payment of SNAP test fee.
- Online payment through credit card: The candidate can pay directly through a Master or Visa card online by following the instructions on the SNAP website after the registration.
- Online payment through net banking: The candidate may transfer SNAP test fee to Symbiosis Test Secretariat account using Net Banking option after the registration.
- Payment through cash
- Payment through demand draft
- Note: All disputes between the candidate and the Symbiosis Test Secretariat shall be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of Pune city and by Arbitration only.
- SNAP score will be valid only for admission to all MBA institutes of Symbiosis International University for the academic year of 2017-18.
SNAP 2017 Syllabus
Before preparing for exams candidates should have complete knowledge about the syllabus. The SNAP syllabus comprises of various topics such as General English (Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning and Verbal Ability), Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency, General Awareness (General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Business Scenario), Analytical and Logical Reasoning.
Geometry, Ratios and Proportion, Percentages, In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra, Profit & Loss, Averages, Partnership, Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time, Number system, HCF & LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean, Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS, Mensuration, Allegation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Set Theory, Venn Diagram, Installment Payments, Clocks, Probability, Permutations & Combinations, Trigonometry, Vectors, Binomial Expansion, Co-ordinate geometry, Logarithm, Calendar, Maxima & Minima Progression, Surds & Indices, Complex numbers, Etc.
Data Interpretation based on text, graphs and tables. Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn diagram, etc. Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, Identifying valid inferences ,Identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements, Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding ,Sequencing ,Identifying next number in series, Etc.
Comprehension of passage (Poems can also come)Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms, Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed),Sentence Correction, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, Odd man out, Idioms, One word substitution, Different usage of same word, Etc.
Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events Famous award and prizes, World Records, Books and authors, Science, History, Geography, International organizations, Important quotations, Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics, Etc.