AIIMS - All Indian Institute of Medical Science
- AIIMS (All Indian Institute of Medical Science) is an exam which is conducted for admissions to DM/MCh/ MHA/Ph.D programs.
- The exam is conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi.
- The institute was established in 1956.
- AIIMS specializes in educating several develop patterns in Medical education.
- Age Criteria - Applicants must complete 17 years on or before 31st December, 2016 at the time of admission.
- Education Qualification - Applicants must completed 10 + 2 examination or its equivalent exam from a recognized university with English and PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) as subjects to apply for the examination.
- Applicants must have scored at least 60% aggregate in case of general and OBC category applicants in PCB subjects taken together (50% in case of SC/ ST category applicants)
- Applicants overseas citizen of India are eligible to write AIIMS MBBS 2016 only if they produce the document of Registration under section 7A of citizenship act 1955. Applicant age and education requirement for these remains the same as above.
- A candidate seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications of a recognized University/Institute:
- A degree of Master of Sciences or Master's degree in any subject allied to Bio Medical Sciences or Master's Degree in Nursing with at least 60% marks or Master of Surgery or Doctor of Medicine or an equivalent degree or Diplomat of the National Board of Examinations.
- MBBS degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in the professional examinations.
- The exam shall be in Hindi and English, no other language will be available.
- The format of the paper is computer based and consist of 200 multiple choice questions.
- The exam will be about 3 hours 30 minutes and it will be held in the morning (9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) and afternoon (3:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
- Applicant 1/3 mark will be reduces for each wrong answer and 1 mark will be added for each correct answer.
- The distribution of the subject and question is as follows
|Subject||No of Questions|
|AIIMS Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Application Form will be available online from||
|Last date for submitting Application Form||April, 2016|
|Status of Registration, like including errors and rejection in the form will be shown on the website from||April, 2016|
|Last date to submit the deficiencies in the application form||May, 2016|
|Admit Cards will be available form||May, 2016|
|AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam will be held on||June, 2016|
|Expected Date of DeclarationResult is||June, 2016|
|Schedule for First round of counseling||July, 2016|
|Second round of counseling will be held on||August, 2016|
|Third round of counseling will be held on||September, 2016|
|Admission at AIIMS, New Delhi|
|Medical Examination of selected candidates will be held on||July, 2016|
|General Orientation of new batch will be on||July, 2016|
|Session will begin from||August, 2016|
|Admission to Six Other AIIMS|
|Admission details will be available on the website of the respective institute||August, 2016|